Wednesday 31 March 2021

Trip To Delhi – Tenali Rama Moral Story In English For Kids

 

Trip To Delhi

The emperor Babar heard about Raman’s intelligence and wanted to see him. He wrote a letter to Krishnadevaraya requesting him to send Raman to Delhi. The king was proud when he read the message.

King: Raman get ready to meet the emperor Baber but always keep in mind that you are a jester. I want you to win at least a bag of gold coins from Babar.

Raman: Definitely, your highness! I will do my best to get a good name for Vijaynagar.

Before Raman reached Delhi Babar had ordered his ministers not to laugh for any of Raman’s jokes. He also said that severe punishment would be given if they do not obey the order. Raman spoke humorously, yet no one laughed or even smiled at his jokes. Raman was puzzled.

Raman: Why are these courters sitting like lifeless dolls? It looks as if I will have to go back to Vijaynagar empty handed. The King wanted me to win at least one bag of gold coins. I must somehow succeed. What shall I do?

The next day Babar went out for a morning ride on the way he saw an old man digging the ground.

Babar: Hey old man! Why are you working so hard at this age?

Old Man: Your majesty, I’m going to plant this mango sapling.

Babar: You some so stupid. Do you think you will be alive to enjoy its fruits?

Old Man: My ancestors planted trees and years later I enjoyed the fruits in the same way, the trees I am planting with their fruits for my children and grandchildren.

Babar: Wow well said, here is a bag of gold coins for your wise words.

Old Man: Thank you, your highness. It is said that people have to wait for a long time for the fruits when they plant trees but I have gained the fruit in the form of these gold coins on the very day of planting the tree.

Babar: Hey that sounds interesting; here take another bag of gold coins.

Old Man: A person planting a tree is rewarded only once during the writing season but I am rewarded twice on the same day.

Babar: Oh hey you are talking very wisely. Take another bag of gold coins.

The old man took off his beard and his disguise.

Babar: Oh Raman! Was it really you all this time?

Raman: Yes Emperor, my king told to win at least one bag of gold coins from you but I have won three now.

Babar appreciated Raman and took care of him very well during the stay and sent him a lot of gifts when he went back.

Moral: The king had asked Raman to gain reward by entertaining Babar but unfortunately Babar and others had decided not to laugh on any act of Raman. Ramon was an intellect to; he at last conquered the reward by his intelligence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Raman enters the court – Tenali Rama Moral Story In English For Kids

  Raman enters the court Though blessed by the goddess, entering into the court of Vijayanagar was not easy, Raman was waiting for a good ch...