Wednesday 31 March 2021

Cat for horse – Tenali Rama Moral Story In English For Kids

 

Cat for horse

One Raman was in need of money and did not want to ask the king. So he wanted to borrow from his neighbour, rich merchant.

Raman: Kishore! Can you please lend me hundred gold coins. I will return in one month.

Kishore: Sure! Raman, take this hundred gold coins and remember you have to pay me an interest of 50 gold coins. If you fail to return the money in one month, you have to sell your Arabian horse. And give me all the money that comes by selling the horse.

Raman: Definitely, as your wish Kishore.

After a month Raman could not return the money with interest. Kishore went to Raman’s house.

Kishore: Raman you could not give my money back. Let’s sell your Arabian horse. As agreed and remember you have give me all the money that the horse is sold for.

Kishore knew that the horse would sell for over three hundred gold coins.

Raman: That’s right. I will do as I agreed. Both of them set out for the market with the horse. Kishore though the arabian horse would be sold for 300 gold coins and he would get all that money. But Raman carried kitten also with him at the market place.

Raman: Good morning everybody. I wish to sell my kitten for three hundred gold coins. The person who buys the kitten will get my beautiful Arabian horse for just one gold coin.

Thought the method of selling was surprising. A man take three hundred gold coins plus another gold coin and took away the kitten and the horse.

Raman: Here Kishore take this one gold coin.

Kishore: How can that be? I lent you 100 gold coins at the interest of 50 gold coins. You are giving me only one gold coin.

Raman: But you told me, that I’ve to give you the sell price of the horse, you saw me selling the house for one gold coin and I gave you that.

The Merchant realised that Raman had tricked him so he begged.

Kishore: Raman! Please give me back at least my hundred gold coins.

Raman: Oh No! You must obey you are agreed otherwise I shall complain the King.

The merchant knew that the King would accept only Raman’s words. So he took the gold coin and went away sadly.

Moral: Raman had no intention to cheat Kishore and Kishore knew that but he thought it was an opportunity to grab Raman’s horse and sheep so Raman had no choice to trick him and he did it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Raman enters the court – Tenali Rama Moral Story In English For Kids

  Raman enters the court Though blessed by the goddess, entering into the court of Vijayanagar was not easy, Raman was waiting for a good ch...